The following is a summary of the problem of toxicity (as identified in the book The TDOS Syndrome)
- We each carry a “body burden” of hundreds, if not thousands, of synthetic chemicals that persist in our body fat, absorbed from contact with food, water, air, consumer products, and industrial processes, that accumulate over a lifetime. Because toxins migrate, their molecules are attached to dust particles blowing in the wind, no one can escape them anywhere on the planet.
- These potentially toxic chemicals can interact synergistically inside of us, producing a range of possible negative health effects. Many of the health effects haven’t been adequately identified or studied yet.
- Even low-dose chemical exposures, at what were once thought to be safe levels, can still affect the hormonal systems of the human body.
- Some low-dose chemicals, nontoxic on their own, become toxic and cancer-causing when mixed with other seemingly safe chemicals.
- Even before birth, we absorb and inherit chemicals directly from our mothers, based on their chemical exposure. These contaminants and their toxic effects can persist throughout a lifetime.
- Because our food supply has become nutritionally bankrupt, we lack sufficient nutrition for the body to have the fuel it so desperately needs to energize the immune system and our toxin-cleansing organs, in order to combat this onslaught of toxicity.
- Some types of hormone-disrupting toxins in our bodies, called obesogens, can trigger weight gain. This interaction between toxins and fat cells is one of the scientifically documented, but rarely recognized, reasons behind the overweight and obesity epidemic in the US and the world.
- Toxins are playing a major role in the breakdown of the body’s functions, particularly in undermining the liver’s effectiveness as a toxin remover. Until we reduce their numbers, in terms of exposure to them and in terms of their presence inside of us, the negative health symptoms resulting from toxins will continue. Although we are living longer, we are living sicker.
- If you truly want to maximize your quality of life potential it is important that you assist your body in detoxifying itself. This is a new frontier that opens possibilities to maximize our health and wellness.